30 May 2010

Noticing the days hurrying by/ When you're in love, my how they fly...

Well, today I played a couple of great sets at church!   I really had a blast playing this new funky tune Jason wrote, called "Taste and See".  I'll see if I can get a recording sometime and put it up.  Both services were pretty well attended, as we had a few baby dedications this morning, including one for my niece, Savannah, during second service.

After church, I came home and got ready to go to my sister (Savannah's mom) Erica's house to stuff myself silly with hamburgers.  As I was getting ready, I looked outside, and realized that the sky was as clear as all get-out - almost looked like the sky in that scene in Ferris Bueller when he's justifying "taking the day off".  It immediately inspired me to do today's stroke, so I started rummaging through my paints.  I came across an absolutely beautiful blue - one that really reminded me of that particular "Ferris Sky".  It just happened to be one of the colors that Jenny picked up the other day for 2 bucks!  A "Two-Buck Blue", if you will!  And I will!  So, anyway, I slathered a bit of that on the canvas, and went on my way.  Happy Day-Before-Memorial-Day to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment