11 May 2010

Gimme some-a-dat 'mater sauce...

I like the simple things in life.  I'm a sucker for Scooby Doo,  just sitting around talking and having a beer, watching movies most people think of as too stupid to even think about watching.  I love ice cream.  Even if it's just vanilla ice cream I love that (of course it helps a bit if there's chocolate syrup on it!).  And I love Cusanelli's restaurant in Lemay.  It's right down at the corner of Bayless and Lemay Ferry, and it's just really good!  It's a little mom and pop Italian restaurant (ironically a couple of Asian descent bought it a few years ago and they run it - still really tasty Italian food!). 

Jenny got home from work today, and she looked and sounded like death warmed over.  We don't know if it's a cold or that allergy-type cold/flu/whatever thing that I had all through March.  Sounds like a lot of the same symptoms.  Hopefully it won't last too long - like maybe she'll get better overnight!

Anyway, she looked miserable, and we didn't have anything that was able to be prepared easily (yes, for the record, I could have made something, but she didn't want to have to defrost anything), so she suggested picking up a pizza at first, then, for some reason, that thought quickly turned to going out to Cusanelli's, which is what we did.  The nice thing about that place is that you don't have to dress up.  I mean, it's not like White Castle or anything, but you don't have to have on your Sunday best. 

So we got there and sat down, and didn't really even have to look at the menus very long.  She wanted the pizza, which is probably her favorite thing on the menu, and also maybe just about her favorite pizza, period - and that's saying something!  She really loves her pizza! 

I had the fish sammich and a side order of cavatelli with a red sauce.  Man, is that good!  And, by the way, the red sauce is just about the color of my stroke today.  Coincidentally.  Right.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment