22 May 2010

The farm team ain't *that* bad...

Well, hey hey, folks, it's been a heckuva day!  Thanks to my friend Sam from church, I got to take 3 buddies to the Cards game in amazing seats (see pic)!  We didn't win, but the "farm team" as we were calling them (Tony had most of the regulars out of the game - Yadier Molina, who's normally the catcher, ended up playing 1st base in place of Albert Pujols towards the end of the night even!) really tried to rally in the 9th inning, coming back from a 10-3 deficit to at least make it 10-7. 

Anyway, after the game, I came home, mowed the yard, and then while I was getting cleaned up, Sweet Pea came by with her mom to say "hi".  I was so glad, too - I hadn't seen her in quite a while!  We played Poptropica for a little while, and just generally had a great time!  She asked if I'd already done my stroke for the day (she likes to keep up on my painting) and, since I hadn't, she asked if she could do it tonight.  Of course, I said she could!  She picked out the red, so I squirted some on the canvas, and she just scraped it across a little bit.  I thought it looked pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment