14 May 2010

It's not easy...

We woke up this morning and started getting ready, like always. Once the sun came up, Jenny looked outside and said,"You know, everything's just so green!"  She was just really impressed at how wonderful everything looked outside.  Since we'd had so much rain the last few days everything was, indeed, very green.  Unfortunately this means the weeds, too! :-/  We've gotta find a way to get rid of all that crap, and then we'll have a yard just as good as the little old lady across the street who gets up at 5 am every morning and is out there literally sweeping the yard with her broom, and picking up every single leaf by hand!   Boy, does her yard look good, though - maybe even Hank Hill good!

So I thought about this all day, and I figured it's been a while since I did anything with green (yeah, this one may make ya need a hanky)  - or at least a real Green (this is one of my favorites of all time.  Jenny and I have two songs that are "our songs" - this one and "More Today Than Yesterday" by Spiral Starecase.  That's the one we had our first dance to at our wedding reception.  Both of these will always hold a special place in my heart!  Love you, Jenny!  :-)

Any way, I kinda got off on a tangent there - I meant to tell you that I did a nice little stroke of the green stuff, in honor of our lush, green yard!  Just squint really hard at the picture, and maybe you'll see our front yard!  Okay, prolly not, but it's fun to do, anyway!

1 comment: