03 May 2010

El Pelo Blanco

Today was another beautiful day outside!  I just wish I could actually go out and experience it!  :-)  On my way to work I saw a row of the most beautiful, billowy - yet dark - clouds up against a light blue, sunny sky.  In some places way out to the west, every so often you could see that it was raining, and it looked like the rain was literally just dragging the grey right out of the clouds.  It almost looked like sand running out of a grey pillow or something.  Why you would have sand in your pillow is beyond me, but if you did, and you held it up and sliced the bottom a little bit, I'm pretty sure this is what it would have looked like. 

Anyway, I got home after a fairly uneventful day at work and decided to mow the lawn, despite the fact that my allergies were already acting up.  I just wanted to get it done because I figured it would rain tomorrow.  It was supposed to today, and it didn't, so I felt I should probably take advantage of the reprieve. 

So now I'm finished, and I'm worn out - my head's killing me.  I really don't know how all of you people who've had allergies all of your life have coped!  So I got all cleaned up, and now it's time to finish this up and watch the "80s guilty pleasure of the night": Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment.  Oh, yeah - Steve Guttenberg goodness!  And who didn't love Michael Winslow's plethora of sound effects?  Actually I did until we saw his "stand-up" performance in New York a few years ago.  Just a few sound effects jokes go a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong way, lemme tellya.  I do love the movie, though - especially Bobcat Goldthwait!  I do love his stand-up!  This guy is hilarious!

Well, I should probably get back on track here - my stroke tonight was inspired by my lovely Ma.  I was talking to her last night and told her that sometimes writing this blog was difficult, because some days nothing happens and I don't know what to write about.  She suggested that I do a white stroke and say it was for her hair.  For those of you who don't know, my family very lovingly refers to our mother as "White Hair".   I really shouldn't make too much fun, because I'm definitely on my way to having the beautiful white locks that she possesses.  We both thank her mother (the Queen of the White Hairs) for that. 

Well, here's to the stock of "Loreal" and "Just For Men" going up!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment