28 February 2010

Yeah, well ya know...

Yes, I realize that I said I wouldn't use a knife for a while, but I thought today deserved a nice red, white and blue swipe!  I watched the USA/Canada hockey game for the gold medal.  I was really bummed about that, but I was proud that they at least won the silver.  I don't have anything against Canada, really, except for Nickelback and Celine Dion.  I've long since forgiven them for Alan Thicke.  :-)

I'm pretty bummed that the games are already over.  I really watched quite a bit of them this time - the last few games (summer and winter) I've been busy and just didn't have the time to watch as much as I like.  It's kind of funny, too - as much as I dislike winter, and cold in general, I really do love the winter games!  I think I enjoy them more than the summer games, actually.  One major thing I'm gonna miss is my lovely and talented wife singing along with the Olympic theme song, making up different lyrics every time.  Example: "This is the Olympic Theme Song.  I don't know the words, so I was hoping that you did!"

Well, Jenny and I are sitting here watching the closing ceremony - she's gawking at all the hunky men, and I'm trying to get the image of Tom Hammond out of my mind.  He really does look like the world's worst drag queen - he's got so much makeup on!  Right now all the athletes are making their way in, and Ryan Miller, the goalie for the US Hockey time is marching in and smiling!  That's so awesome!  I just love how the Olympics can seemingly bring the entire world together.  Just the "Spirit of the Games", I guess.  I'm desperately trying to find this old commercial that ran during the 1984 Summer Games in Los Angeles, that had a couple of soccer players that had just gotten through playing each other walking off the field and they switched jerseys.  I can't remember exactly what company it was for (I think McDonalds), but it doesn't really matter - the sentiment is still there, and it always meant a lot to me - just the sportmanship, and the coming together of people from all walks of life.  I love it! 

Canucks, ya done good!  Now London 2012 can't get here soon enough! USA! USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment