19 February 2010

Sparkle, sparkle!

Hey, folks, it's Friday!  I've been in a relatively good mood all day because of this fact, actually!  Bonus: we've got some friends coming over for a game night, so it's gonna be a good night!

I was so busy today at work I didn't even have the slightest chance to think about what I wanted to do this evening on "the painting".  A little part of me wanted to keep the glow going from yesterday's birth of my niece, and another part wanted to celebrate the fact that I didn't have to go to work for two days!

I found a happy medium (no pun intended) in using another one of my cheap-o crafty paints, mixed together with a gloss medium.  I decided to use a "Metallic Rose".  I like the shimmer, and I like gloss, so I figured I'd like both together.  This line of thinking does not always work - see also "I like hot dogs" + "I like pancakes".  They do NOT go together.  Never.  This combo, however, has a good chance of working - I guess we'll see tomorrow after it dries!

Okay, well, that's it for today, but I wanted to add one other thing:  on an old Yahoo message board I was a part of for many, many years, if we were listening to something as we were posting, most of the time we would tack it on as an addendum to our post - it would read "NP: (whatever you were listening to).  NP=now playing.  So I thought I would incorporate that into my posts here.  Here goes:

np:David Gilmour - On An Island (2006) - a pretty decent solo album from the Pink Floyd guitarist.

No comments:

Post a Comment