17 February 2010

When in doubt...

...wear red.  That's what my friend, Bridgette Sesti-Fyvie (owner of Hullabaloo) always says.  Red is good.  As you can see, I use it quite a bit.  I suppose one of these days I'll probably do an all-red piece.

Last night in class, my teacher (hi, Annie!) also said "when in doubt, go with purple".  Purple is pretty much my favorite color, so I was happy to hear that!  Everyone loves purple!  Well, I was in doubt this evening, I guess.  One of those "I dunno what to do" moods, I suppose, and after looking at the picture for a couple of minutes, that just popped into my head. 

I kind of hesitated in my placement this evening, because I really like that blue and white swipe I took a while back - looked like a really nice wave down in the Caribbean or something.  But I thought that the purple/white/red "Stroke of Doubt" would go well down there, so I just kinda took up the bottom half of it, leaving quite a bit.  I think thinking of it as a wave has been kind of hampering my vision of the piece as a whole, actually, so maybe I'll cover over the whole thing.  I can always do another one later on if I want.  It's my painting, I can try again if I want to.  Try again if I want to.  You would try too, if it happened to you. 

Well, I'm gonna go get ready for bed, I think - Jenny and I took Ma to the Chinese Noodle Cafe, which really is the best Chinese joint in town, for dinner and we just stuffed ourselves!  It's time to give Jenny a little foot-rubbin', and then go to bed!  Night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment