11 February 2010

On your mark...

So it's the eve of the 2010 Winter Olympic games in Vancouver, a city which, ironically, seems like Rio de Janeiro right now compared to Washington D.C.  I've always been a big fan of the games, especially the summer games.  I was trying to find the recording of the Olympic theme song, with the lyrics, but I couldn't find it.  Can't remember where I heard it - I believe they are:
 
"This is the Olympic Theme Song/The one you always hear, but you do not know the words"

Yeah, you know you were just singing that in your head, seeing if the words fit!  Admit it!  We all do it!

I do like the Winter games, too, though - except the curling.  I don't understand that crap. I really enjoy the ski jump, and the ice skating - here's an interesting opinion from NPR's Frank Deford (who looks strangely like Grandpa Munster in his photo) about how the new ice skating scoring system is taking away the creativity in the sport. 


My stroke today was inspired by the All-Drug Olympics, from Saturday Night Live, back in the 80s.  Jenny called up today while I was at work and told me she was going by Joanne's, the arts-and-crafts store, and asked if I needed anything, so I told her I needed some red.  After we hung up, I was as busy as a one-legged soccer player, and just forgot all about it.  On my way home I was trying to think about what I wanted to do on the painting, and was at a loss.  When I walked in the door, I saw the tube o' Cadmium Red, and I had it.  Oh, yeah!  Enjoy the games, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment