18 February 2010

Savannah Smiles...

Today at 5:01 pm I became an uncle again.  My little baby sister, Erica - the one that constantly makes me feel old, gave birth to Savannah Grace Warden.  She's 6 lbs, 10 oz., but we don't know how long she is yet - she's all curled up.  I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. 

Erica is 12 years younger than I, and I remember the day she came home from the hospital!  All of these milestones she's achieved in life - graduating from high school, then college, then getting married, etc. have constantly reminded me that I ain't gettin' any younger!

She and her husband, Keith, decided early on in the pregnancy that they didn't want to find out whether the baby was a boy or a girl (much to the chagrin of my wife, who loves to plan things, and loves to buy outfits ahead of time, etc.).  Several of us were just absolutely positive that this one was gonna be a boy - we just felt it!  All the other kids have been girls, and we figured it was about time for a boy.  Not to be so, though - but that's okay!  We love little girls around here - we've had lots of practice buying cute outfits for 'em!

To kind of tie in with her name, "Savannah", I wanted to incorporate a little peach into the painting.  I didn't have any in my regular paints, though.  I remembered, though, that I had something pretty similar in my collection of 50-cent craft paints, and I had read just today on Liquitex's Facebook site that you can mix colors and inks with a medium (I used the gloss heavy gel) to give it the consistency of a thicker paint, so there we have it.  Looks like I smeared a big ol' Georgia Peach right onto the canvas!

Well, I've gotta get outta here - I've got band practice up at the church.  I just wanted to say congratulations to my little sister and her husband, and to Savannah Grace - may God smile upon you every day of your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment