09 February 2010

A learning experience.

Yes, a learning experience.  That's exactly what this was. I could say that I did this on purpose, but I really didn't get the effect I was going for. 

I'm starting up on my painting class again tonight (Hi, Annie!), and the first piece I'm gonna be working on is finishing up a pink carnation (but not the white sport coat that sometimes accompanies it - sorry, couldn't resist!) that I started painting last session as part of a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law.  I was wanting to blend my white and pink a little better, but I guess I either used too opaque a white, or didn't use the knife correctly, or something.  Oh, well - it's still a pretty nice looking stroke, and it gives me something else to consider when looking at the piece as a whole. 

Sorry it's so short tonight - gotta bolt!

No comments:

Post a Comment