16 February 2010

Let it flow, man!

So today was one of those days.  I went to work, everything was cool, got some stuff done, then, out of nowhere, a bunch of little crap started going wrong.  Then the guys at work almost instinctively picked up on this, and seemed to try to do anytihng in their power to push my buttons.  It's probably all a figment of my imagination, but it really seemed like it!  I know you've had those days - we all have.  I think I just need a vacation!  I'm thinking about just going to some itty-bitty deserted island for a couple of weeks, just to get away, maybe pickle myself a bit in a cooler full of pina coladas.  That'd be really nice. 

Anyway, after an afternoon full of listening to XM's LiquidMetal channel - the all heavy metal channel, trying to work out all my frustrations (it really works for me, actually!), I came home and put on some Maria Callas, and it just put me at ease - also put me  in the mood to do some painting, which is good, because I also have painting class tonight!  I'm so excited - it was cancelled last week due to bad weather, so this is the first class of the "semester".  I've got a whole bag full o' stuff to work on - we'll just see what I feel like painting later on. 

I felt like trying something different today, so I just grabbed my cobalt blue (probably my favorite color, of the ones I've bought so far) and I threw on some matte gel, gloss gel, and gloss heavy gel, just to see what it would do.  It looks a little cloudy right now, so we'll see what it actually does tomorrow.  Right now, though, I've gotta go get ready for class!  Stomach's growling - gotta get something in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment