14 February 2010

Awwwwww, dass so sweeeeeeet!

Well, folks Happy Over-priced Cards and Flowers Day!   Yeah, as you can see I'm not really that big into Valentine's Day.  Jenny and I never have celebrated it, actually, for a couple of reasons: 1) Jenny worked in floral for a long time, and she always saw how much they jacked up prices on all the flowers, so she never wanted me to pay the inflated prices, and 2) we both figure that we try to show each other love every other day - we don't need a special day to get all lovey-dovey and stuff!  We don't begrudge anyone else for celebrating, mind you - more power to ya.  We just don't personally do it.  No biggie.

We did, today, however, have a little get-together with both of our moms, Jenny's Aunt Connie, and our friend Sam from church.  Jenny made some home-made pizza and some cupcakes (by the way - I should tell you that she has a blog, too - Jennydoll Handmade Creations, that has pics of all of her, well, handmade creations - go on by and check them out!).  After lunch, Jenny had some little arts-craftsy things to make; we all made little foam frogs - here's mine: behold "Reginald, the Fabulous Shriner Duck-billed Frogapuss".  No, I wasn't drinking.  Why do you ask?  We all had a good time, and some great pizza, and that's really the main thing.   Good pizza.  And Carla (Jenny's mom) reminded me of an old song that she wanted to hear again, so I looked it up, and now it's stuck in my head.  I figure over the last few weeks we've gotten to know each other a bit, and I think you would like it stuck in your head, too, so there ya are. Don't mind the video - it's just some weird one I found on the youtubes - it was just the best sounding recording of it. 

I figured today, although we don't celebrate V-Day traditionally, I would at least splatter some "Valentines-y" colors on the canvas, so again we have a red and a magenta, along with a little white to break them up a bit.  I didn't want to do just a straight stroke this time, so I raised the knife off of the canvas just the slightest bit as I dragged it across.  I thought it looked pretty cool.  So did Reginald, so there! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment