03 February 2010

EARWORM!!!!

Don't you hate it when you get a song stuck in your head, and you just can't get it out, no matter what you do?  Kinda like this?  Yeah, you're welcome.  That one's been driving people nuts for almost three decades.   There's one piece of bumper music on NPR's Morning Edition that I hear every morning, and it always reminds me of another song (which, thank goodness, I can't think of right now, because the TV's on) which then gets stuck in my head until I get into the car and turn the radio on.  Sometimes it doesn't even take hearing it - sometimes I just have a dream about a song and, when I wake up in the morning, there it is.  BAM!

What make earworms especially bad for me is that I'm not a lyrical person - I've never really paid attention to lyrics, so I usually get stuck with just one or two lines from a song over and over.  And over.  If an earworm is especially strong, it may come back the second you turn off the radio.  Those are the worst!  Like the Brady Bunch song, or Gilligan's Island, or something.  Once again, you're welcome.  :-)

On my way to work this morning, I saw what I considered an "eyeworm".  I looked over kinda to the southeast, and the sky was just beautiful - all sorts of reds, pinks, oranges and yellows.  I knew right then what I wanted to try to do today on my painting.  I didn't re-create it exactly right, but it's close enough, and I thought it looked pretty good.  I got a little more paint on there than I thought, so I had to turn the canvas to keep the stroke going, so as not to waste all that paint.  Got a lot of nice texture on there, too!

Just so you don't kill me for making you "sit right back" to "hear a tale", about "a story of a lovely lady who was bringing up three very lovely girls", I'll leave you with Bourgeois Shangri-la by Miss Li.  You may not recognize the name, but you'll know it as soon as you hear it.  It's such a fun song!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song but didn't know who sang it! Now it will be in my dreams tonight : )

    ReplyDelete