25 February 2010

Pass the mashy taters!

So I stayed home from work today - just woke up not feeling any better (in fact I think I've gotten worse throughout the day).  Jenny had to go into work for a little while (she usually has Thursdays off), but when she got back we went up to the vidjo store to pick up some movies.  If I'm gonna be laying around, I like to be able to catch up on some movies, especially some old ones that I know I should have seen by now, but haven't. 

I picked up 3: Citizen Kane, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and Being John Malkovich.  Citizen Kane was great.  I can't believe it's taken me this long to see it!  Close Encounters was one of those movies I saw bits and pieces of when it used to be on what seemed to be every couple of weeks on the ABC Saturday Night Movie or whatever, but never saw all the way through.  It was okay - the special effects were spectacular (I would expect no less from Mr. Spielberg), but the movie as a whole was just a bit "meh" for me.  I dunno - maybe I just missed something.  Maybe I was just pissed off that I didn't have any mashed potatoes. 

I'll watch Malkovich tomorrow night while Jenny's out with her mom.  I started watching that years ago, but just never got around to finishing it - kind of like I've done multiple times with "Apocalypse Now", "Willie Wonka" and "2001: A Space Odyssey".  I just need to force myself to sit and watch them.  I've also got "Rocky", "Raging Bull", and "The Godfather II" in my queue. 

As for my stroke this evening, I guess I could've gone with maybe a black and white stroke, for "Kane", or maybe a little pink and red for "Rosebud",  but I decided to try something bright to mimic some of the lights on the spaceship in "Encounters".  Ya know how I love the bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment