22 February 2010

Marhaba!

ان كان عشاء جيدة جدا! Don't ask me how to pronounce that, but it's Arabic for "That was a very good dinner!". 

My sister, Jo Beth, came into town this evening from Chicago so she could see our new little niece, Savannah.  I don't get to see Bethy very often, and both of us are major foodies, so we like to go out to try different things.  Tonight we went to Ranoush, a Middle Eastern restaurant down in the University City Loop.  For years and years it was Saleems, another restaurant somewhat similar to this, but I never got to eat there.  We were trying to decide if we wanted to try this or splurge and stuff ourselves on sushi at Seki.  Now I love, love, LOVE sushi, and I haven't had it in quite a long time, but I'm so glad we decided to eat here!  If you happen to be in the area and want to try something new, and really, really great, I highly recommend it!

Okay, enough raving about food!  I really did just have a wonderful, albeit very short, visit with Jo Beth!  I miss her a lot.  Like I said, we just don't get to see each other very often, and we love a lot of the same things, especially food-wise.  We took a trip to Los Angeles a few years ago and had an absolute blast out there (we'll have to do that again, Beth)!

I decided that I'd pay a little tribute to the wonderful people at Ranoush tonight and throw a little splotch of colors from a couple of Middle Eastern flags down.  Both Syria and Lebanon have very similar colors in their flags - red, green, white and black, so I just put a little of each on the knife and let 'er go.

np: Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out Of This Country.  This is a great band from Glasgow, Scotland.  They've got a real 60s-soul-ish sound, but more updated.  The production sounds like the 60s, though - in a good way!  Give If Looks Could Kill  a listen - just really fun stuff, and a great pop song!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    I thoroughly enjoyed both the dinner and the company. Miss you Dave!

    ReplyDelete