10 February 2010

For my Sweet Babu...

Well, this evening "A Charlie Brown Valentine" is on.  I know it's not one of the original - it's from 2002, but nothing else is on, and I'll always have a soft spot for Peanuts - it's probably the first comic strip I can remember really liking as a kid, along with Garfield, and, of course, everyone (over a certain age, that is) grew up watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".  Remember this?  Ya know you do!  Everyone got excited any time they heard this!

When I was in second and third grade (or was it third and fourth - either way it was a long friggin' time ago!) for the big holidays my buddy Jason Mackey and I used to get to draw murals on paper for the hallway walls in grade school.  I can't remember everything we'd draw on there, but my specialty was drawing Snoopy, and his was Garfield.  I went through a period where I was drawing him everywhere - I can even remember drawing a model of his house, including his "basement", at least what I imagined it to be like, gathering clues from what was talked about in the comic strips over the years.   What can I say - I had quite an imagination!

Well, this story had nothing whatsoever with today's purple stroke, but we can't have everything, can we? :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment