07 March 2010

Wilde, de la Renta, de la Hoya, Madison, The Grouch...

Yes, folks, it's Oscar night.  I really do love watching them - everything but the red carpet interviews.  Man, are they horrible: "Hi, congratulations on being pretty and famous, you look fantastic - who are you wearing?  Okay, well thanks for talking to us - now get the hell outta the way so we can herd the rest of the pretty people through here and ask them the same inane questions KTHXBYE!" 

I enjoy the speeches, though - especially the ones by people who just really don't care - they let it all hang out, and they're actually somewhat down-to-earth, and funny!  I also love Steve Martin, who, along with Alec Baldwin, is hosting.  Hopefully they'll come up with something creative, and not just read the same crap. 

OH - almost forgot - I just did a quick "red carpet" stroke.  Well, it's starting, so I'm gonna watch it - hey, there's Neil Patrick Harris!  I love him, too!    Time to watch the plastic people!  Hopefully "Up In The Air" wins some stuff - they filmed that up here - in fact some stuff right around the corner from our house, and on the same block as I used to live right out of college!

No comments:

Post a Comment