26 March 2010

Koo-koo-ka-choo!

This whole day I've been as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  This was the day of the big reception/preview/voting for the show that I entered my painting into.  All I could do is hope.  Hope is good. 

I went into the gallery tonight, and I was just overwhelmed by all the amazing artwork!  There are some seriously great artists in these classes!   And going to these shows - any art shows - always inspires me to do better things, and to try different things.  I'm going to be trying many different things now - you just wait, Buster! 

I was thinking about the whole "hope" thing today, and thinking about what color kind of represented hope.  I'm not sure why, but I always came back to white and yellow.  I really don't know why - maybe it goes back to the whole "new start" thing, and that's kind of what I equate the white with.  The yellow, I really don't know about at all - it just kinda came to me - just called to me.  Now that I look at it, it looks a bit like an egg!  Not necessarily an egg man, but just an over-easy egg, which is okay, cuz I like eggs. 

Boy, is it ever late!  I almost missed this day entirely, which would be bad, because I told you I wouldn't miss a day!  Hell, I don't know what I'm gonna do if I decide to go on vacation!  We need to get a new laptop or something if we wanna do that [looks at Jen].  :-)  Yeah, baby, you know what I mean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment