06 March 2010

Now all we need is lollipops and rainbows!

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today!  Jenny got up at the crack of dawn, as always, then I got up and went downstairs. Jenny had all of her genealogy stuff out on the dining room table looking at it, and started showing me all sorts of things, explaining who was who, and how they were related, etc.  She has really worked her butt off for over six years looking up both of our family trees.  She really does know more about my family than I do - probably more than my mom and grandpa do!  She hadn't worked on it in a little while, but last night we watched the premiere of "Who Do You Think You Are?", a show about different celebrities tracing their roots.  It was pretty interesting, to say the least, and it really started Jenny back on looking her own family tree up again. 

After running a few errands and washing both of our cars (I almost forgot my car was blue!), we decided to go to the park so I could do a little painting, and she could work on family tree stuff.  We were originally gonna go to Forest Park, but it was so nice out we figured it would be just absolutely packed, so we went to Francis Park, instead.  This is where I sat.

I got some sky done, and sketched a rough of the building, street, and a few trees, then it started getting chilly.  Shoulda gone earlier in the day!  :-)  We'll see how it turns out - spring is here and that means more beautiful days.  I'm sure I'll be sitting right there again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment