03 March 2010

Now we're havin' fun!

Well, you all know this is a complete learning experience for me, and today's no exception!  I was looking at it, as I do every day, trying to figure out what in the peewodden I want to do, when I remembered I had a whole drawer full of fun little mediums to play with!  So I looked at all of them and picked the one I haven't played with yet - the Golden's Clear Tar Gel.  NOT to be confused with black tar heroin.  Completely different.  I saw it in a book called "Acrylic Revolution" and it just looked like you could do all sorts of really cool things with it, so I bought some with my gift certificate to Dick Blick's (thanks again, Jim and Kari!).

I may use it in a different manner later on, but today I just dripped a little onto the canvas into a puddle and then dripped a couple of drops of some fun colors onto it.  I figured I should do an actual "stroke", though, so I just dragged the knife through it.  Didn't really mean to make 'em into hearts (maybe I should have done this on Valentine's Day), but that's how it works.  As it's drying, though, it's spreading out a bit and doing some other cool stuff - check it out:

Well, now it's time for me to get on outta here - gonna spend some quality tv-and-foot-rubbin' time with my lovely wife.  Awwwwwww! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment