04 March 2010

A Quick Smoke at Spot's

Actually, I'm not really sure why that particular phrase jumped into my mind.  It's the title of an album of early works by the band "The Church".  I didn't really even know any of their early stuff, before "Under The Milky Way" . I guess I remember seeing the album over at my buddy Dan's house and the name just always stuck with me. 

Anyway, the reason it popped in there was because I was telling myself it was going to be another quick posting this afternoon, because Jenny and I are on our way out the door to meet an old friend from college.  We haven't seen him in about 15 years!  He's been living in Germany, I guess, for about that long.  Don't really know, actually - guess we'll find out all of that tonight!

I did want to get back to the brush strokes, though, so I loaded up the brush with some black and red, to go next to some yellow that was already there, in honor of the German flag.  It kinda goes with something I might start toying with as far as a picture, too, so we'll see where that goes. 

Well, we're off to a great dinner - not German, though - I'm sure he's sick of that!  We're going to Blueberry Hill, y'all!  That's one of our favorite places in town - not just for the great food and ambiance, but also the nostalgia - that's where I proposed to Jenny!  Haben Sie einen großen Abend! Gute Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment