13 March 2010

Can ya believe it, folks?

It's been 60 days already!  And I tell you what - it's a lazy day!  I got up this morning and played with my niece, Atala.  We played "hide and seek" and some other game that used our "happy face" coasters from the front room.  I'm not really sure what the point of the game was, because she was making up the rules as we went.  That's okay, though, because it made her happy.  If she's happy, I'm happy!  We really did have a great time, albeit a short time. 

After Atala, Katie and Ma left, I went over to my buddy Jason's house.  Jason's the worship leader at our church, and also the lead singer and a guitarist in my band, The Janson Gates.  We're getting ready to record some tracks for a demo, and subsequently an album.  I went over to get my drums tuned up and make sure they sounded okay for recording.  Drums are always the hardest part to get to sound good - there are just so many variables to deal with, from making sure the drums are tuned correctly to making sure there's an adequate amount (but not too much) padding to deaden the sound just a bit, so the drums don't ring too much, muddying up the sound. 

Well, enough tech-nerd talk.  It's getting late - after I got back from Jason's house Jenny and I ran a few errands, and then I just kind of drifted in and out of consciousness while watching basketball and she was working on some genealogy stuff.  I'm still kinda tired, though, and we're losing an hour tonight, so I'm gonna sign off now!  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment