12 March 2010

It's Shake and Bake, and I hay-elped!

Well, I looked all over for the video of that commercial, and I can not find it anywhere!  Apparently a bunch more people are looking for it, too - nobody has it, though! 

The reason it popped into my head, though, is that tonight I did  have some help on my painting here.  My sister came up yesterday from Grove, Oklahoma so she could take my niece, Atala (pronounced "At-uh-lay", after a painting in the Louvre) to see "Disney On Ice" downtown here.  Atala was so excited to see this - got all dressed up like a princess and everything!  Then the show started and she saw all of these life-size people in costumes skating around and it just freaked her out!  She had a similar experience at Chuck E. Cheese a couple of months ago - does not at all care for the six-foot mouse!  So she was pretty much terrified the entire time - except for the zamboni running around fixing the ice during the intermission - she loved that!  She'd wave to the zamboni driver and he'd wave back. 

Anyway, after that Jenny and I got together with her and we all went out to the Chinese Noodle Cafe so Atala could eat the best crab rangoons in the world.  The owner was making some more, so she showed Atala how she made them.  We had a great time and an even better dinner - it really is my favorite Chinese restaurant in the world!  Then we came back home (after a quick stop at Ted Drewes for mom, Katie and Atala, of course) and while we were playing with Jenny's old Strawberry Shortcake house and little characters (she's got one heck of an imagination!) I asked if she'd like to help me make a painting.  I explained that I was only doing one stroke a day, and asked her what color I should do today.  She picked pink and purple, her two favorite colors.  So I just put a little splotch of both on there (overlapping some of the black from my bad mood last week - she has the ability to wipe out those kinds of moods, so I thought that was appropriate!) and she helped me drag the knife across it, and I just love it!

Well, we've got the girl in bed, and we're all pretty worn out, too, so I think we may just hit the hay, too!  G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment