16 March 2010

Doing the African Anteater Ritual...

Wow, what a hectic day!  We're really getting busy at work, so everyone's running around like chickens with their heads cut off (zombie chickens?), and my computer at work was all screwed up, so I couldn't really do my job very well.  Oh, well - not too bad overall, though!  Plus, since I was so busy it just flew by!

Now I'm just sitting here alone watching the Idol (Jenny watches "Lost", and I have no desire to watch that).  I'm thinking I've had enough of the off-pitch pretty people, though, so I may just turn on a comfort movie.  Probably "Can't Buy Me Love".  I've always loved that movie.  I've got a collection of about 50 movies I consider "Comfort Movies" - movies I can just put on in the background.  I know most of the lines to them, so I don't have to pay really close attention, and they just remind me of simpler times back in the 80s.  A couple of my favorite ones are "Fletch", "Airplane", "Cannonball Run II" (yes, really), the "Back To The Future" trilogy (I usually have to watch all of them in a row) and any of the John Hughes films - especially "Ferris Bueller".  Oh, and I can watch "Christmas Vacation", any time of year. 

In a completely unrelated note, did you know that Erik "Ponch" Estrada turns friggin' 61 today?  How did that happen?  Wow!  It's so weird to see that as I get older - the fact that people that I grew up listening to are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now (the main requirement being that it has to be 25 years from your first recording) makes me feel old, too - Run-DMC, Metallica, Madonna, R.E.M., Prince, etc.  Man, that just ain't right!  Seeing the whole John Hughes tribute with all the old "Brat Packers" the other night on the Oscars was wild, too.  Most of them still looked pretty good, though (I said *most* - Judd Nelson, I'm looking at you, bub - try bathing once in a while, and shave that muskrat off yer piehole!).

Well, I've babbled enough - don't know if I've got time to watch much of anything now!  Oops!  Oh, well, I think I'll just maybe do a little more painting on something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment