31 July 2010

Fluffy puppy dawg!

So today I'm really, really tired - the game last night got started almost 2 1/2 hours late due to the rain.  Stupid rain!  So, it was 9:35 pm before it started, and then it went into extra innings.  We didn't get outta there until almost 12:30!  At least we won, though, 1-0!  Ryan Ludwick scored the only run of the game in the bottom of the 10th.  Yay!  And what did the Cards' management do to congratulate him?  They traded him this morning.  Wow.  This game is so weird!  I really liked him, too!  Oh, well.

This morning, I finally dragged my butt outta bed and went to a "bonus" painting class to make up one I'd missed.  I'm almost finished with a really difficult one I've been working on for quite a while - it's looking pretty good!  When I started out on it, I was really nervous about it - I didn't know if I could pull it off.  I'm pretty happy with it now, though. 

One of the girls in the class, Amy, had with her a beautiful German Shepherd - a trained police dog who was actually from Germany!  She was a beautiful dog named "Nikki" (I'm not sure if that's how they spell it, but that's how I'm spelling it, so there :-D).  I found it interesting that all of the dogs' commands were in German: "nein" ("no"), "sitz" ("sit", pronounced "seetz"), and, I believe,  "platz", which I'm assuming was a different version of "sit". 

Today's stroke is my attempt to recreate the color of Nikki's fur.  Don't know if I got it, but I'm pretty sure she won't mind either way.  :-)

Oh, by the way - this is Day 200!  Can ya believe it?  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment