12 July 2010

The Story of the Oracle of Paul, (or 1st Calamari 8:8)


So I'm sure most of you have heard by now, there's this octopus in Germany named "Paul" who has gained quite a bit of notoriety as of late due to his uncanny ability to pick the winners of all of the games in the World Cup, including yesterday's victory by Spain over the Netherlands. 
Other than the fact that I think this is funny as all get-out, I really don't have much to say about it.  I just thought if you hadn't heard about it, you'd get a kick out of him, too.  I do wonder what exactly made him choose one mussel over the other, though.    I'm sure pretty soon some dumbass group will be worshipping him. 

This is one of those days in which my mind is just completely drained - I finally got to get caught up on quite a bit of my work, and I just put my whole mind into that today, and it's pretty much just toast now.  Yeah, toast!

For my stroke today I tried to capture the color of Paul, also trying to make it look like a tentacle, but I didn't get it thick enough.  Guess I didn't want to mix up a whole bunch, not really having a whole lot of need for tentacle color.  :-)

Oh, by the way, if you lovely people would like some more great reading (I guess that's a bit presumptuous assuming that you think of this as great reading), my awesome wife has an equally awesome blog, too!  It's called "Jennydoll", and it's all about her creative side - dresses, cakes and other desserts, cards and invitations - all sortsa fun stuff!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment