03 July 2010

Smell that smoke...

Well, kids, today Jenny and I (mostly Jenny) are doing our first full-blown barbecue-ing of the summer.  We're gonna go have dinner with our friends Jeff and Carrie, so we're BBQing hot dogs, chicken breasts and hamburgers.  Mmmmmm! 

Jen's got the barbecue thing down.  It must be in her genes - both her dad and brother are absolute kings of the grill!  I think Jimmy (her brother) has 3 or 4 of 'em out in the back yard now, plus a smoker!  I, on the other hand, can pretty much burn Wheaties.  :-)

Don't know what else we've got in store this holiday weekend.  I know that John Legend is performing tonight downtown as a part of Fair St. Louis.  I'd love to get down there to see it - Jenny and I are both big fans - but I don't know if we can handle the crowds!  We may just kinda lay low and do our own thang this weekend, really.  Haven't had the chance to do that for quite a while!

Anyway, today I figured I'd whip up a little barbecue sauce and throw it on the canvas for ya.  I'll go get you a napkin.  That stuff can be a little messy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment