19 July 2010

Har-dee-harrr-harrrrrr!!!!

So Jenny and I were finishing up a lovely little dinner of French Toast and scrambled eggs when I was reminded of an old joke I think in 3rd grade.  I grabbed the salt shaker and set it up like this:  Ya know what that is?  A salt with a deadly weapon.  HA!

Anyway, we both cracked up, but she accused me of  liking cheesy comedy!  Gah!  Whatever!  She even had the nerve to call "Airplane!" - one of the best movies ever, and #10 on the American Film Institute's list of 100 funniest films ever - cheesy!  She put it in the same category as the [actually] cheesy 80s movies that I love so much, like "One Crazy Summer", or  "Police Academy".  And just because I can watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" over and over and still laugh every time doesn't mean I've got bad taste in comedy - on the contrary!  You tell me Cousin Eddie doesn't crack you up!  For years "NLCV" was required watching every single Christmas Eve for my family!  We still try to watch it if we're together.  I definitely do.

I love stand-up comedy, too - but it's gotta be good stuff, not the usual "What's the deal with airplane food?" kinda stuff.  I like intelligent comedy.  Lewis Black is one of my favorites of the "newer comedians" (even though he's been around for 20 years!), and I love the old school dudes: Steve Martin, George Carlin, and, of course, the master, Bill Cosby!

I keep telling her that we need to go see some stand-up - the last stuff I saw was some amateur-night stuff hosted by Guy Torry out in Los Angeles.  It was okay, but I really need to go see some more!  That was over 5 years ago!

I also keep telling her that I have the best taste in comedy.  She just refuses to believe me.  I'm at a loss.  But, to make up for my "bad joke" I did let Jenny actually do tonight's stroke.  We decided that we should do some more texture, so she slapped a little bit of the glass beads on there.  When we did it, it even kinda looked like salt.  Well, not really, but it was white and texture-y, and that worked for us.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment