17 July 2010

Ya know you make me wanna...

SHOUT, baby!  Yeah, I got to see a living legend!  Well, legend enough for me!

Jenny and I came down to the Lake Of The Ozarks again this weekend to visit with her father, and to meet his friend Joanne's son, Don.  This weekend is also Aquapalooza - the biggest party weekend of the summer down here!  Nothing but big-ass boats as far as the eye can see here on the lake!  I saw boats that should not only have their own zip code, and maybe time zone, but some that probably had their own gravitational pull!  We're talking huge, folks!

It's also a weekend of music.  There were all sorts of cover bands and stuff like that, but as far as original music went, they had Brad Paisley, for the country set, and Otis Day and the Knights, from "Animal House" fame for those who liked some classic rock and old R&B.  They played some funk-rock versions of some old Stones songs (Jumpin' Jack Flash, Brown Sugar), and some other classic rock favorites, as well as their signature tunes, "Shama-lama-ding-dong", and, of course, the ever-popular "Shout"! 

It was great to hear these old R&B gems, but they seemed to fall on deaf ears for the most part - most of the crowd there was only interested in hearing "Taking Care Of Business", and other butt-rock tunes like that.  I couldn't believe it!  The band was tight as all get-out, though!  They were really good!

I didn't realize that it was actually Otis and Co. playing at first - we were up on the top deck of the club just talking, and they weren't scheduled to go on for another hour and a half.  When I went downstairs to use the restroom, however, I saw that they looked nothing at all like the "Lo-Cash Cowboys", who were supposed to be playing at that time, so I went on down next to the stage to check them out.

I forgot, however, that I had no sunscreen on, and before you knew it, I could feel the tops of my feet sizzling.  It hadn't gotten to the point where I actually smelled bacon, but they were a little toasty.  This prompted today's stroke.  The tops of my feet are a nice red, with white stripes where my flip-flop straps were.  Great.  Just what I needed.  Oh, well - still loved seeing old Otis, even if he has seen better days!

No comments:

Post a Comment