16 July 2010

Sittin' in a cockpit, strapped down in a chair...

So this evening I decided I'd better get onto staining and finishing our closet doors - I'd started them a couple of months ago!  One of these days I'll actually get them done!  Anyway, working on the doors means it's RECORD TIME! 

Yeah, I think I told you that a while back I finally got a record player, so I put it out in the garage, since I knew I'd be working out there.  I've got so many albums that I've bought through the years, just so that when I finally got a player I'd be able to listen to them.

Anyway, the first album I listened to tonight was "Hope", by Klaatu.  Klaatu was a group from Canada back in the mid-70s who happened to sound a lot like the Beatles (and the Beach Boys in some instances, but that's a whole other blog).  They sounded so much like them that there were many rumors going around that Klaatu were actually were a re-formed Beatles.  There were plenty of signs - many of which were completely believable - but in the end, it turned out that Klaatu was a completely different band - definitely not The Beatles!  There was actually a song they wrote that was covered by the friggin' Carpenters: "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft".

I've got a copy of both of their first two albums.  In fact I've got a copy of the first one, which has a misprint on one of the songs: a song called "Little Neutrino" is labeled as "Little Meutrino" on the back cover. Maybe I can get a nice chunk-a-change for that on eBay!   I don't know who was responsible for that big ol' misprint at Capitol Records, but I hope they were fired!  (yes, I realize this was 34 years ago!).  Okay, so I need to get a life.  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment