05 July 2010

My mama talk-a to me try to tell me how to live...

Oh, hey, man - far out!  I, like, totally lost track of time, man!  I've just been sitting here all day trying to finish up a couple of books that are due Wednesday.  Jenny went out to see the Eclipse with her friend, Carrie, so I had a few hours to myself, so I've just been sitting here all day trying to finish up a couple of books that are due Wednesday.

The first book was called "Cheech & Chong: The Unauthorized Autobiography", by Tommy Chong.  It was all about him growing up, and then he and Richard "Cheech" Marin getting together, and the rest is history.  It was a pretty entertaining book overall.   As you can imagine with someone who has been consistently stoned out of his gourd for almost 5 decades, he tended to ramble on and change topics very often.  The whole book was almost a practice in "stream of consciousness" kind of writing.  Very interesting, though.

The second book (which I'm still reading on) is "The Road To Woodstock" by Michael Lang.  It's his story of how he put together the biggest cultural phenomenon of the 20th century.  It is very interesting (and is much more coherent than Tommy Chong's book!).  I'm pretty sure I was born a few years too late - I would have definitely been there at Woodstock!  I know it was just an amazing time!

So I figured my stroke today should be a tribute to what these two books had in common: copious amounts of cannibus!  They certainly did (and still do) enjoy their weed!  And for the record, I got the color of the weed from a textbook.  Yeah, that's it, a textbook.  Move along, now.  Nothing to see here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment