13 July 2010

Go, um, National League...

Yeah, so we're in the midst of, as my buddy Steve Pick says, the "worst three days of summer": the Major League Baseball All-Star Break.  Tonight is the actual All-Star Game.  Right now we're in the top of the 5th inning, and there's no score.  The Cardinal's "big hope", Albert Pujols is already done.  He was 0-2.  Didn't do crap, really.  Didn't even participate in the Home Run Derby.  Yeah, he was pretty much worthless.  No bitterness here, though.  I'll still cheer for him when he does something, but I ain't about to invite him to dinner any time soon. 

Anyway, there isn't a whole lot going on with me today, except for that.  Pretty sad, really, eh?  I'd rahther (that's "rawhhhh-ther", not "rather", by the way) not talk about work, because that's just damn depressing, and I've stressed out enough about it.  Maybe next time. 

What I will say, though, is that I threw down a nice little white stroke with a little red on it, just for the baseballs.  I'm sure they (the baseballs) would appreciate it, if they were actually human beings, with actual feelings, and not inanimate objects.  Yeah, well, that's how the day's gone.  Hmmmmmrrrrffffff.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment