25 July 2010

I sar a film today, oh boy...

Folks, there is some severe writer's block going on here today.  I really don't know what to write about, or even what to do as far as a stroke goes.  I played this morning at church - we did a great version of "Summer Of '69", with the lyrics changed to advertise the big church picnic "Summerfest 2010" happening today.

After that, Jenny and I went out to her mom's house, and took her some oil paints borrowed from my art teacher, Annie.  Carla (Jen's mom) is taking a class over at Hobby Lobby, and rather than spend all the money on something she's not sure she'll like - or even have time for - Annie just said she could borrow some, which was great!

We got out there, and decided we were hungry, so we took Carla to McAlister's Deli for a quick bite.  It was pretty good - Carla and I split a Reuben and a club sandwich, and Jenny got some soup and half of a sandwich.  We were all stuffed, but not so much so that we couldn't indulge in one of the 15 cent itty-bitty ice cream cones over at Lion's Choice!  They're pretty good, too - both bites!   :-)

With our bellies nice and full, and our allergies kicking both of our butts, we decided to just bring it on home, so we could get a couple of things done, and just relax the rest of the night, so that's exactly what we're doing.  This blog entry is the last thing on my list, so as soon as I upload the picture, I'm sitting my butt on that couch right behind me and I'm watching cartoons!

So I figured out what I was gonna do for today's stroke:  I looked into the kitchen, and there was my lovely wife standing in front of the stove in a dark brown dress with a green and red Christmas-lookin' apron.  She looked so cute, I just had to commemorate it - call me schmoopy; I don't care!  :-)

Well, so we don't have any profound thoughts, no life lessons, no clever anecdotes, just a day in the life of Dave and Jen.  Guess in a sense I got over my writer's block, though!  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment