11 July 2010

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!! Part deux

Well, it's all over for the next four years.  Today was the World Cup Championship Game: Spain vs. the Netherlands.  I've been rooting for Spain, really, ever since the US team was knocked out.  I've been a fan of pretty much anything Spanish ever since I started taking Spanish classes back in 7th and 8th grade with Señora Harp.  One of these days I'll make it over that way - I've already promised Jenny I'll take her to Italy someday, and we want to go to Germany, France, England, well - pretty much all of Europe.

I've really enjoyed watching the soccer matches the last few weeks.  I never really got into soccer growing up - it just wasn't around down there in SW MO!  I tried to watch a few matches in college.  My freshman and sophomore year at Fontbonne, the soccer team was really good - if I recall, they went to nationals.  I could be wrong, though.  That was almost 20 years ago, and like I said, I really didn't know anything about soccer.

Anyway, I think I could really start getting into it a bit - at least enough to watch a game if it's on TV.  I may even venture out to see an AC-St. Louis game!  In the meantime, I've still got my baseball (we'll talk about our pitching problems later).

Of course, since España won, I had to do a red and yellow stroke, for the Spanish flag.  Congratulations on your first ever World Cup championship!

I believe I will miss the vuvuzelas, though - they were great at putting you to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment