21 July 2010

Where troubles melt like lemon drops, Away above the chimney tops - That's where you'll find me...

Alright, folks - it's Wednesday: short entry night (although many times when I say "short entry" it ends up being pretty long).  Well, not this time!  :-)  I really do have to get ready to get going, so the first thing that came to my mind as I prepared for this particular blog entry was  Carrot Top. 

Mind you, Carrot Top is not usually at the forefront of my mind - far from it, actually. He's somewhere in the "dead brain cell zone" I cultivated back in college, usually.  I never even found him that funny - definitely didn't make my list of favorite comedians from my blog a couple of nights ago!

I do, however, possess a bright orange Carrot Top t-shirt, which inspired tonight's stroke.  It was given to me by my brother-in-law, Keith.  It belonged to his late sister, Shelley, who passed away a couple of years ago way too soon from cancer.  I think of her every time I put it on.  I also think of her every time I hear "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World", by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, the Hawaiian musician.  It's absolutely breathtaking, really.  Probably should have been on last night's list of my favorite tunes.  Well, it's here tonight! 


Tonight's stroke is for you, Shelley!  I still think about you all the time!  I didn't have the honor of knowing you for all that long, but you sure made a big impact on my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment