15 April 2010

Still - Go Cards!

So I got to play hooky today for a little while in order to go to the baseball game.  I loved it!  It was hotter than blue blazes, and I actually got a little bit of sun!  I've got a couple of red stripes on my arms and a nice red streak on my forehead!  Yes!  Color!  I don't think I got any color at all last year!  I even went to a few games, and hung out outside quite a bit - guess I was always in long pants and stuff.  Looked like the Beatle's "White Album" personified the whole damn season! 

Anyway, I had a really great time with my buddy Paul from my church worship band, and also my main band, The Janson Gates.  We sat out in the bleachers - the first time I'd ever done that.  It took a little while to get used to the view - I'm used to seeing it from behind home plate, cuz that's how they show it on the teevee!  It was pretty surreal, though, seeing the ball fly out just a few yards from where we were sitting!  Got a few really good views of Colby Rasmus.  I felt like I could have just about reached out and slapped him on the head, had he dropped a ball or anything!

Anyway, as well as the boys are doing this year, they missed doing it today.  They lost 5-1 to the Houston Astros.  Stupid Astros.  Oh, well, it was the Astros' first win of the season - they're now 1-8 on the year. Ooh, baby!  I guess they were trying thier best to out-do the '88 Baltimore Orioles, who lost their first 21 games!

Just to show I'm a good sport, today's stroke is dedicated to those Houston Asses -- er, I mean Astros.  Good on ya for finally winning one!  It is, however, a very small stroke (pointed out by the pretty little arrow) - I couldn't bring myself to do a big stroke.  Just you be happy with what ya got!

I can't wait to go again!  Even if I don't get to go again this year, it was still a great time and I'll still listen to the rest on the radio (I love Mike Shannon!) or catch the occasional game on Ch. 5 or Fox.  Man, do I love this game!

...now to go check the scores for the rest of the league....

No comments:

Post a Comment