14 April 2010

Educational Mario Brothers?

I'm soooooo late tonight!  I came home from work and started working - doing the dishes, hanging up the laundry, etc., and then I was gonna come on down to do this when we got a call from Jenny's cousin "K"  and her daughter, "Sweet Pea". They were in the area and wanted to know if they wanted some company for dinner.  We jumped at the chance because we don't get to see them very often.  So I didn't even get the chance to clean up, because they were literally right around the corner!

They got here and while Jenny and K made pizza (Jenny's homemade pizza is awesome!) Sweet Pea showed me a new game she likes to play online called "Poptropica".  Man, is it fun!  I think I may have a new addiction!   The one she was playing was a time-travelling game, kind of like an educational Mario brothers, where you have to go around and find things and bring  them to different time periods to make everything right.  Thomas Jefferson was missing his first draft of the Declaration Of Independence, so you had to go through different time periods (Vikings, Aztecs, Leonardo da Vinci's workshop in France, etc.) to find it to bring it back to ol' TJ.

Anyway, games were played, pizza was eaten, there were belches all around, and before we knew it, the clock said it was almost 9 pm!  Where does the time go?  So, Sweet Pea asked if she could maybe do today's stroke.  I told her that would be great, so I let her pick the color and everything.  She picked one of my favorite colors, the magenta and dragged it down really nicely.  We may have a little artist on our hands!

Well, it's late, gotta get to bed.  Long day tomorrow - my buddy Paul's taking me to the Cards game!  Woo Hoo!  Beat those Astros!

No comments:

Post a Comment