22 April 2010

Ciento, hundrað, εκατό, honderd, hundra, yon santèn, एक सौ,...

Can you believe it?  It's been 100 days already!  Wow!  I was thinking today about what in the world I wanted to talk about, and it wasn't until I took my picture and put it in my "365" folder that I realized what day it was!  I was gonna post a list of top 100 songs or something, but those things usually just irritate me because they just always leave off a bunch of great songs and put a bunch on there that no one really seems to like.  I guess to put it more simply, they get it wrong.  Doesn't matter what publication it is, whether Rolling Stone or Spin, or the music edition of Fluffy Cat Quarterly, nobody ever agrees. 

I did look around a bit, though, and found one site that I thought had a bunch of Top 100 lists, but it turned out to be just some stupid spam site or something.  I did, however find this kind of interesting list of "Obscure and Remarkable" album covers.  Some of them are kinda weird, a little out there, but there really are some brilliant ones.  And hey, a St. Louis band made the list - Story Of The Year has been making the rounds on different movie soundtracks and other stuff for a few years now. 

Anyway, I wanted to try something new today, so I grabbed that black sand medium and mixed in a little bit of Tropical Mango.  It seemed to darken up quite a bit, which I'm kinda bummed about, but it may end up lightening back up.  I just wanted to see what it would look like. 

Well, I've gotta get going - band practice awaits!  Happy Centennial, y'all!  Thanks for sticking around this far - hopefully we'll get some more people checking it out, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment