16 April 2010

"People who have not been in my kitchen, Alex"

So Jenny and I are going to a trivia night tonight - actually, in just a few minutes, so I don't have a lot of time to be talkin' here! 

The instant I was asked about going to a trivia night, I thought about Cliff Clavin, because, honestly, who wouldn't (unless you're too young to know that reference, in which case you should just be quiet - but still read my blog!)?

I've always been at best half-way decent at trivia nights.  I know a lot of miscellaneous music trivia, and the occasional questions about pop culture in general (especially the 80s stuff - once again, those of you who are too young, just be quiet! :-D).   I'll be interested to see what our team does tonight because half of the people (my band) are music trivia people.  We don't know crap about the rest of the world, but if you wanna know that the very first CD made was Richard Strauss's Eine Alpensinfoniea,  and the first CD to be released in the US was Billy Joel's "52nd Street", we're your team. Yeah, we're pretty limited.  Actually, I'm pretty much speaking for myself - the rest of the guys are pretty smart.  I'll update tomorrow whether or not we won.  GO CARDS! (that's for Jason R.)

No comments:

Post a Comment