21 April 2010

Git-git-git! Good news, good news!

Man, back in the day I LOVED "Dukes Of Hazzard".  We watched it every week religiously!  I wanted to drive the General Lee (there was actually some dude in town that had an old Maverick painted orange with the "01" on the doors) and more than anything I wanted to be Daisy's boyfriend!  I even wrote her a letter once!  I never did get a response, come to think of it!  I even loved ol' Roscoe P. Coltrane!

He was actually one of the first people when I got some "good news, good news" yesterday:  Remember the painting of the black sand beach I had entered in the art show at Grafica Art Gallery?  I got 2nd place in both the People's Choice category and the Artist's Choice!  I was absolutely stunned!  I thought I'd get a few votes from the family and friends I'd invited to the reception, but I never expected this!  Especially from the artists!  That made me feel really good!

Well, anyway, since I was in the "Dukes Of Hazzard" mood already, I figured I'd put a little General Lee jumping over the painting tonight.  YEE HAW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment