19 April 2010

Hey, y'all, I'm all official and stuff!

When I got home today I checked the mail - nothing.  Then in a little while I saw the mailman traipsing around so I checked again, and lo and behold, there was a letter for lil' ol' me from the Library Of Congress:  it was an official certificate of copyright for a song I wrote a few years ago.  There's a possibility that it might be used on an album (that's not my own band), so I wanted to make sure it was protected.   

I also got another letter the other day from some record company out in LA wanting to know if I wanted to submit any songs to them.  I'm definitely gonna check that out (it sounds just a bit scam-ish) but it's something I'd love to do.  I know this one dude that used to be in a band here in St. Louis called Colony that writes for a living out there in LaLaLand.  He's written for Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Hinder, and a bunch of other bands.  It's not exactly what he wants to do - he'd obviously like to be performing his own stuff - but it pays the bills.  I love writing music - I just wish I could write lyrics as well!  I don't mind collaborating, though.

Anyway, speaking of collaborating, I'm on my way out the door to go to Jason's again.  We're laying down bass tracks tonight.  Seems like it's coming along pretty quickly - hopefully I'll have something soon to post so you can hear the fruits of our labors.  Since I got this good news today, I figured I'd throw a little blue sky out there.  That makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Congrats on your copyright!!!!! You have some other songs you need to do also don't you?
    Lub,
    Ma

    ReplyDelete