05 April 2010

Get up, baby, get up!!!!

That's right, baby!  It's officially BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!   My boys, the Cardinals started it off in style, too!   Albert Pujols hit not one, but two home runs, and Jenny's favorite player, Yadier Molina, hit a GRAND SLAM!  We ended up beating the Cincinnati Reds 11-6!  Now that's a great opening day!

I'm just so glad baseball's back!  I love summer so much, and nothing says summer like, well, the "Boys Of Summer"!  And you've gotta love John Fogerty's ode to the game!

I can't afford to go to too many games, but I sure do go whenever I can!  Thanks to cable TV pretty much taking over all the games (and the fact that we don't have cable) I don't get to see very many on TV, either - that's made me really appreciate ol' Mike Shannon's voice that much more!   I have XM radio in the car, too, and they play just about every game from every team all season, so I can keep up there, though.  I listened to parts of about 4 different games this afternoon!

Today's stroke, obviously, is all about my Cardinals!  We've got the "birds on bat" red and yellow, and a little bit of blue and white in there just for good measure.  And now, ironically, I'm going to watch the NCAA Basketball national championship game.  Go Butler!  But GO CARDS, more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment