01 June 2010

Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark!

Boy, I'll tell ya, at work this wasn't really that bad of a day - actually it went pretty well.  As a whole, though, it was kind of a crappy day.  I don't know if I've mentioned it on here, because we've just kind of not been talking about it, but Jenny's dad was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with cancer in his lymph nodes and that area.  We didn't really know how bad it was, though, until today, when Jim went in to schedule the surgery to get rid of it.  They told him that it was in all of his lymph nodes, as well as part of his tongue, and the roof of his mouth.  Hopefully this surgery, along with the radiation therapy he'll be going through (every day for 6 weeks) will take care of everything.  Either way, Jenny, as well as her brother, mother, and, obviously Jim, her father, is extremely nervous.  We're all praying for everything to turn out all right, and also for some peace of mind for everyone involved.

Tonight, though, to kind of take our minds off of everything, Jenny and I are watching one of the funniest TV shows ever, Wipeout!  I love John Henson!  I used to watch him every night on "Talk Soup", way back in the day when I actually had cable.  I always wanted him to go on to bigger and better things, but he just hasn't quite made it. 

Anyway, tonight's stroke is red, in honor of  Mr. Henson and his nightly sign-off on "Wipeout":  "Good Night, and Big   Balls!"

No comments:

Post a Comment