29 June 2010

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Ya know, 10 years ago I hardly ever even watched any sports.  Maybe the occasional Cards game, and I would go watch the Super Bowl with my best friend, but that was mostly just to go drink a bunch of beer with my buddies.  I never watched college football or any basketball, college or pro.  Now look at me:  I'm watching all of that stuff, and then some!  I'm even really interested in watching as much of the World Cup as I can, and I was never even remotely interested in soccer (or futbol, depending on who is reading this).  Down in Washburn, growing up, there just wasn't any soccer, or hockey, and they never played that stuff on TV, that I can remember, at least.  Since I never saw it, I was never interested in it.  Kinda funny that I moved to St. Louis, which is, like, one of the biggest places in the nation for both soccer and hockey!

Anyway, today's stroke is a nice, heavy stroke, based on the colors of the 2010 World Cup logo.  Now I've gotta figure out who I want to root for, since USA and England are both out!  Germany looks tough!  I'm liking Spain and Brazil, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment