25 June 2010

Home, home again...I like to be here when I can...

So I'm "down home" this weekend - "down home" being Cassville, MO, down in the southwest corner, about an hour or so west of Branson (I wanted to link a video of this scene, in which we find that Nelson is a huge Andy Williams fan - "Just when you think he's not gonna do "Moon River - BAM! - second encore!) but I couldn't find it right away, and I don't have much time. 

I'm down here for the Beeson Family Reunion.  That's my  mom's dad's side.  We get together every even year down here where they all grew up. All fourteen of 'em.  Yes, fourteen.  In one little house.  And you thought you had to wait a long time to use the bathroom! :-)

As I drove down here, around Friestatt (a little German town right off of I-44 around Mt. Vernon) is where I always know I'm home again.  That' where I start seeing bg ol' round bales of hay, and cattle on a regular basis.  Today's stroke is kind of a beige-ish/yellow-ish mix that reminds me of those hay bales, and reminds me of home.  It's gonna be a great weekend.  It's good to be home

Well, off to see some old friends!  Later!

P.S. - muchas gracias to the ladies at Cassville schools for allowing me to borrow their computer in order to do this blog the next day or two!  Woo hoo!  You guys are total life-savers!

No comments:

Post a Comment