04 June 2010

C'mon! The accelerator is the one on the RIGHT!

I tell you what, it's just beautiful down at the Lake Of The Ozarks right now - a bit on the warm side, but I'll take that over cold any day! 

Jenny and I decided kinda last minute to take a trip down here to spend a little time with her dad.  He's been going through a lot lately, and we just wanted to be there for him, and also it's just nice to come down here sometimes!  The drive wasn't really so bad once you got out west of Wentzville on highway 70.  Before that, just about all you saw (even around 1 pm, which is not exactly rush hour) was brake lights!  This is what inspired today's stroke - kind of a reddish-orange color, and one of the many "$2 paints" that Jenny picked up last week.  There are some really awesome, fun colors that she picked up, and I do believe I'll be showcasing them this weekend. 

Anyway, we got down here about 3:30 or so, and tooled around the Target for a bit waiting for Jim and Joanne to get down here (they left town later than we did).  Then we took a quick tour of the new house (well, new to Jim, as he just moved in), had a quick drink out on the front porch, watching all of the noisy cigarette boats running up and down the Lake, in and out of Party Cove (I would have posted a link to some pages about Party Cove, but it looked like they were all a bit X-Rated - I'll just leave it to your imagination). 

After that we took a little trip to Backwater Jack's place (not to be confused with "Smackwater Jack", by Carole King) for some decent food - great on taste, but they scrimped a bit on the portions.  I'd say 3 outta 5 stars.  There was a band playing, too - your ordinary, average bar band playing the classics (Brown-Eyed Girl, Spooky, Jimmy Buffett stuff, etc).  All in all it was a pretty decent atmosphere - I just happen to be hyper-critical of any band I see.  Hard habit to break, I guess - I think I was just mostly jealous because I wanted to play!

So we're back now, and watching the Cards game.  We're winning 2-0 in the 5th against the Brewers, in case you're wondering.  I'm gonna end this and go be sociable.  G'night, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment