17 June 2010

Her green plastic watering can/ For her fake Chinese rubber plant...

Hey, kids, what's up?  Today was just like any other day - had to go to work, had to convince myself to stay the whole day, etc.  The drive to work was actually very strange - it was sunny as all get-out when I left, then as soon as I got on 44 west, I saw that it was really dark to the northwest.  I thought it looked like it was up around Westport, if not St. Charles.  By the time I got to 270 I realized that it was, indeed, "headed right for me!", and for about a mile or so, it was so dark, it literally looked like I was driving in the middle of the night!  It could have been, as Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel might have said, "None more black".  After I got through that, it just turned grey and rained.  Really hard.  I was less than thrilled. 

Jenny had an equally "blah" day, and I did everything I could to cheer her up - tickled her, told her corny jokes, let her make fun of me, anything to make her happy - that's my motto.  "Anything to make Jenny happy."  :-)  No, seriously!  I tell everyone all the time, and she knows it - I'd do anything for her! 

Anyway, we got all cleaned up after work, and went out to Chesterfield to her cousin John's house for a great dinner.  He had us, and Jenny's dad and brother (John's dad), as well as Jenny's brother, Jimmy, and his wife, Kari, and her Aunt Delores over.  It really was great, too!  We had a nice time kinda catching up - we hadn't seen them in a couple of years, at least!   John and Anne have one daughter that's in high school right around the corner from us, and another who's in 6th grade at another school.  They were both in our wedding, and they seemed so very, very young at the time!  It's hard to believe how much they've grown up!

Tonight's stroke was inspired by our host's living room - with a black grand piano and a gorgeous burgundy wall.  

BTW - haven't done this in a while - NP: Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees.  Man, do I love this album! Seriously, one of my favorites of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment