11 June 2010

Baby I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time...

Well today is the last day.  That's it, until next year.  It's the last day my beautiful wife can call me "old man"!  Every year she can officially call me that for exactly 8 days, and then she's just as old as I am, so HA!  I think it's pretty cool, actually, that the woman that I consider my soul-mate was actually born a mere 8 days after I was, at the same hospital!  We really have so much in common it's not even funny - and the story behind our getting together is really cool, too!

I actually met her the very first day I moved to St. Louis to go to Fontbonne College (or University, as their known now - I wished the whole time I was there that they would change to a university, just so I could tell everyone I went to "FU"!).  It was kinda funny, really - I think the first time I really talked to her was at a party (probably in my dorm room - most of the parties were there - don't tell my mom -right :-)!) and I guess I'd had a few drinks (which I was known to do then - okay, and now) and I asked her if she'd ever seen the "mule bite the corn off the cob".  Yeah, this is a stupid redneck thing where you grab the inside of the unsuspecting  person's inner thigh and squeeze.  It hurts like a big dog, lemme tell ya!)  Anyway, she says she hated me for a long time, but I guess she got over it (yeah, she "says" that - I think she still holds it against me every once in a while :-D)

She dated one of my roommates for a while, and I was dating  a different girl for a long time.  We lost touch for a few years, and then she saw my name in the Riverfront Times ( my band at the time was up for a "Slammy" award - the local music awards) and she wanted to see if it was actually me - there are apparently about 30 "Dave Harris"es in the greater St. Louis area.  Anyway, she came to our show at the Broadway Oyster Bar and we've been together ever since!  I really do love her so much!

So today's stroke is for my lovely woman (cheezy 80s video with a super-long intro, but well worth it)! I know she really loves this purple color - she picked it out and bought it, and she kept trying to get me to put it on here for a long time.  I've put it on here a couple of times, so she should be happy with that, but here's a big ol' swatch of it!   I actually have another song here for her that I think she should like, but it's actually from someone she doesn't care for.  It's such a great song, though, and I think as much as she hates Rod Stewart, this is a much more emotional and heart-felt version of the original song.  Kind of like what I talked about yesterday with covers being sometimes better than originals.  McCartney's version is still awesome, though!

So anyway, enjoy the tunes and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment