03 June 2010

Thank you for being a friend...

Well, we lost another "Golden Girl" today:  Rue McClanahan, who died this morning.  There's only one left - good ol' Betty White!  I looked up this date on Wikipedia, and it looks like this was a bad day for a couple of composers, also.  Both Georges Bizet and Johann Strauss died on this day, in 1875 and 1899, respectively. 

A buncha people were born on June 3rd, though, including the father of everyone's favorite Activia spokesperson, Tony Curtis, poet Allen Ginsberg, sax player Boots Randolph (he's the guy that did "Yakety Sax", the Benny Hill theme), Larry McMurtry (he wrote Lonesome Dove, and is the father of a great songwriter, James McMurtry), Curtis Mayfield (amazing soul singer), Deniece Williams (I like to thing that I was the "Boy" she wanted to hear it for :-D), Kerry King (guitarist for Slayer - hey, what can I say - I was a metal head back in high school!) and CNN news dude Anderson Cooper. 

Also, in 1973, right here in St. Louis, a beautiful lady who would one day be referred to lovingly as "The White Hair" gave birth to lil' ol' me.  Yup, I'm gettin' old, folks!  :-)  So old, in fact, that I've written this entire blog and I forgot to even do my stroke!   I just grabbed my box o' paints, and dug around for a second, and found this awesome blue that Jenny picked up last week for me.  I really like that - I'll have to do something else with that later on. 

Well, I guess we're gonna head out now to get a little birthday chow.  Dunno what yet - I'd love some sushi, but Jenny won't touch it.  Maybe someday.  Yeah, right.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment